||Aerolite||3 sizes to buy separately or together – retractable handle with push button and gel cover – four wheels with spin capability – clip- together inner straps – inner zip dividers – combination locks||Mid range||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Fergé Cannes||3 sizes to buy together – polycarbonate DURE-FLEX casing – easy-storage design – four multi-directional wheels with spin capability – two-step telescope handle – carry handles on 2 larger cases – 3 digit combination lock||High End||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||VonHaus||smaller than the Aerolite and Fergé models, this luggage set may not do for extended trips, but at its price it’s a steal – it comes with all the features you’ll need, making it a suitcase set that’s very much recommended||Affordable||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
Hard Shell Suitcase Review – Top 3 in 2017 – 2018
- 1 Hard Shell Suitcase Review – Top 3 in 2017 – 2018
With tight security and even tighter weight and size regulations, choosing good wheeled luggage to fit your needs – especially if you’re going via aeroplane – can be difficult. No need to worry – here, we’re going to compare three of the best hardshell suitcases to help you decide which model is right for you.
Aerolite ABS Hard Shell 4 Wheel 3 Piece Set Review – Our Number 1
The clue’s in the name – Aerolite are known for their lightweight luggage range (lowest price here!), which makes their products particularly suitable for air travel. There are cheaper makes out there, but this suitcase set offers a lot of features to be reckoned with.
- Most importantly, this three-piece set is petite, at 21, 25 and 29 inches. The smallest of the three measures 55 x 35.5 x 20 centimetres, while the 25-inch suitcase is 71.5 x 50 x 27 centimetres and the largest is 81.5 x 57 x 30 centimetres.
- Respectively, they have a capacity of 33, 78 and 116 litres; the smallest of these is suitable as hand luggage for all airlines, including Ryanair, British Airways and Easyjet, while the medium-sized one is a great size for a week away and the biggest is more than adequate for even longer trips.
- The 21-inch suitcase weighs in at a tiny 2.5 kg, while the 25-inch is 3.7 kg and the large size is only 4.5 kg!
- The durable ABS hardshell casing is perfect if you’re looking to protect fragile possessions. Planning on winter travel or a rugged destination? This set is easy to wipe clean and has an anti-scratch finish, so it looks as good as new for longer.
- With a retractable handle and a push button, these suitcases are easily manouvreable. There’s a gel cover on the inside of the handle, which makes for comfortable carrying when needed.
- Each case has four wheels, so you can pull or push when needed, and even spin them! This makes them easy to take through airports, as well as wheel along different surfaces, such as pavements in towns or rocky roads.
- Inside the cases are easily adjustable clip-together luggage straps to hold in your possessions and prevent them moving out of place in transit. There are also zip dividers, so you can separate packing into segments, such as clean clothes and dirty laundry.
- For your peace of mind, the cases feature combination locks with a customisable code, which clips and fastens the zips into the lock.
- In six different and attractive colours – plain blue, plain black, plain silver, blue, charcoal and silver – this set is easy on the eye and understated, although it may not stand out on the carousel as much as a brightly-patterned make. The gloss finish is nice to look at, too.
With a five-year warranty, it’s easy to see why this luggage set has been so well-reviewed online. If you’re looking for a durable, clever suitcase that fits airline standards and is both lightweight and capacious, Aerolite’s hardshell 4-wheel set is the one for you.
Features: 3 sizes to buy separately or together – retractable handle with push button and gel cover – four wheels with spin capability – clip-together inner straps – inner zip dividers – combination locks
Fergé Cannes Premium Trolley Set Review – Number 2
- This set comes in three sizes: small (38-litre capacity, which is the right size for a carry-on on British airlines), medium (70-litre) and large (100-litre). They’re a comparable size to the Aerolite model’s suitcases, although there’s a little less variation – without wheels, the small size is 20 inches tall, while the medium is 24″ and the large is 28″.
- The dimensions of the small size are 50 x 34 x 21 cm, while the medium comes in a little bigger at 60 x 41 x 25 cm and the large is 70 x 47 x 28 cm.
- The unique DURE-FLEX casing is – of course – durable and flexible, made of a tough multi-layered ABS/polycarbonate material, but doesn’t weigh too much – the 20-inch suitcase is only 2.9 kg, while the medium and large are respectively 3.5 and 4.2 kg.
- They are also easy to store, as they stack inside one another.
- Each suitcase has four spin-capable wheels, which are multi-directional and can rotate 360 degrees; they’re smooth and quiet when rolling along, so transporting them is simple and fuss-free.
- All of them feature an easily adjustable two-step telescope-style handle, and the two larger suitcases have two extra handles – one at the top and one on the side – to make carrying or lifting them when needed much easier.
- A 3-digit combination lock, customisable to your own code, provides plenty of security, but can be unlocked in a flash when necessary.
- The sleek, modern finish is quite noticeable, perfect for the luggage carousel, and comes in six attractive colour combinations – shiny anthracite, shiny champagne, shiny silver, metallic bronze, dark-blue wire and petrol.
With a great look – although, unfortunately, no anti-scratch coating – and a simple locking system, this suitcase set glides easily along airport floors, and would be a good pick for anyone who values convenience and capacity together.
Features: 3 sizes to buy together – polycarbonate DURE-FLEX casing – easy-storage design – four multi-directional wheels with spin capability – two-step telescope handle – carry handles on 2 larger cases – 3-digit combination lock
VonHaus 3 Piece ABS Hard Shell Luggage Set Review – Number 3
- The smallest size in this set is extra-petite, coming in at a tiny 33 x 20.5 x 55 cm including the retracted handle and wheels; the medium is a little bigger, but still nicely compact, at 46 x 26 x 67 cm, and the large case measures up at 53 x 30.5 x 77 cm.
- The smallest size has a 27-litre capacity, while the medium and largest size respectively can take 58 and 95 litres. They’re also fairly lightweight, coming in at – from smallest to largest – 2.7, 3.6 and 4.5 kg.
- Fully lined cases give your possessions extra security, while the durable ABS outer casing offers great protection for fragile items.
- The extending telescopic handle makes this an easy set to pull and push along; if you would rather carry the suitcases, each one of them features ergonomic grips on the top and sides.
- Each suitcase has four wheels with 360-degree turning that make transporting it effortless.
- A clip-in divider, with a mesh pocket for added room, allows you to securely separate items within the cases.
- Security is assured with a built-in combination lock, which has a customisable code.
- In dark blue or silver, the simple and elegant design of this case is a no-fuss option.
Features: smaller than the Aerolite and Fergé models, this luggage set may not do for extended trips, but at its price it’s a steal – it comes with all the features you’ll need, making it a suitcase set that’s very much recommended.
With its subtle, attractive looks and ultra-lightweight design, the Aerolite ABS Hard Shell 8 Wheel 3 Piece Set is the clear winner here. It’s specifically designed to be compliant with all British airline carry-on regulations, and it’s made for easy carrying and pulling with its multi-directional, 360-degree-rotating wheels. Its five-year warranty is fairly unique among luggage of this type, and the inner compartments and clip-together fastenings are really handy. At its price, it’s well worth the money – pick a colour and get yourself one if you’re looking for a new luggage set!